Sidetracked in The Aisles
If you're like me you have two kinds of grocery store visits:
1. You make a list, fill your cart, get in, out and home within thirty minutes... Not once veering from you meticulously planned grocery list.
2. Then there are the other days. These are the days that you go to the store because you have no food at home. The days that you forgot your list on the kitchen counter. The days that you wander around trying to think of what to cook for dinner, and somehow end up in the candy bar aisle.
Yeah... I've been there too. Here are five tips followed by a great video, that have helped me keep my shopping cart healthy, even when sidetracked in the aisles.
1. I know you've heard this before... DO NOT go into the grocery store when you're hungry. It almost always ends in disaster.
2. Chew gum.
3. Only bring in enough cash to cover your grocery list... This is a good time to make use of your math skills or break out the phone calculator.
4. Stay on the perimeter. Most times junk food is in the aisles of the grocery store. Shop the outsides of the store and stay away from the aisles entirely.
5. Get a basket instead of a cart. This one is simple... Less room for unnecessary snack items.
In case you end up in one of the 'oh so dangerous' snack aisles, keep an eye out for these great alternatives.